Too Cheap for Ulta

Sadly, I am. I have officially become a broke college kid. Feel free to send any Ramen.

However, my newly broke status has led me to learn a few new trades. Learning to braid and wax eyebrows are some of them, but the most creative is learning to make my own makeup! Whaaaaaat? Yes! I recently learned how to make lipstick out of crayons. And now you can, too! Even if you don't have to avoid Ulta like the plague, it's something uber fun to do.

What You'll Need:
  • Crayons
  • Coconut oil (or any essential oil of your choice. Olive, castor, etc.)
  • Vaseline
  • A small glass container (get a small candle, and take the candle out of the jar. Walaa!)
  • Something to stir with
  • Somewhere to put the finished product (I used one of those SMTWTF medicine separators)
What You Need to Do:
  • Watch this video!

 
 
 

So, in the end, if you have brown skin like me, then expect more of a lip gloss than a lipstick. But, it applies very smoothly and makes my lips feel really soft after I rub it on. The color shows, but not as vibrant as a MAC or Too Faced lipstick after you apply it. And oh yea, 10 days left!!!

If you try it out and succeed, send me pictures!!

XOXO
-Si

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....