Sparkle and SOTD!

Hey guys ^_^


How has your week been? Mine has been pretty mellow, I think it's because I leave for Tennessee this weekend so the the week is moving slowly to add to my excitement. That ever happen to you? Yeah.


Anyway, the one thing I don't like about leaving for Tennessee Friday morning (other than the fact that I have to wake up at 4 am) is that I'll miss the debut of the comeback movie of Sparkle!!! It's a remake of a film that originally aired all the way back in '76, so, admittedly, I have very high standards for it. Plus, it's based off of The Supremes!!!!! I  love love LOVE The Supremes!! "Where Did Our Love Go" and "Baby Love" are two of my favorites! I even wrote a poem in 5th grade about how much I loved them (that poem was PUBLISHED in a book FYI!!)

But, back to the movie. Sparkle stars Jordin Sparks, Cee Lo Green, Tamela Mann, and many many more actors. But probably the most famous actor of them all in the movie is Whitney Houston, especially since this movie was her last major work before she died. So yeah...it's a pretty big deal. Also, the screenplay writer went to Northwestern!!!!



All in all, I freakin' cannot wait to see the movie, and I wish I was in town for it to come out! But don't let that hold you back!! GO SEE THE MOVIE! Support black works! And last but not least, celebrate!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you..... Celebrate!!


P.S. If you want to see that published poem I was talking about, let me know!!! 

XOXO
-S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....