Blessings Keep Fallin' In My Lap

I can't even lie, this week has been pretty freakin' great.

I've secured some details for important school projects, have networked with some really great people within the field I hope to join after graduation, got to make some really cute DIY chocolates...oh, and got super cheap luxury tickets.

Last night, I attended Chance the Rapper's concert here in the Bay - and it was awesome. What's even more amazing is that as of last week, I wasn't even going. At a school-sponsored chocolate event on Tuesday, an attending alum casually mentioned that she had won two tickets to the show. But they weren't just any regular tickets - they were for a complete suite! Yeah, you know, the private rooms that come with free food and drinks, and not to mention an unbeatable view of the performance? THAT!

It was soooo fun, I danced and sang to some of my favorite songs, stuffed my face with gourmet meatballs, and I didn't have to worry about childish mosh pits once. It was a dream. And it really opened my eyes to all the good that has been happening to me. And you know what? I haven't been as grateful as I should be.

I'm in California, for Pete's sake. I get to look out the window of my apartment and see beautiful mountains. I'm taking classes taught by the best people in the industry. And that's not even the beginning of it all. I have so much to be grateful for.

You can see some footage from the concert (and hear me loudly singing the lyrics with joy) on my Instagram stories or my Snapchat! ( both usernames @siez_theday)


This is all to say that, we all have something to be grateful for. Of course, there's a lot to worry about. And I'm not even saying to euphemistically ignore that part. But while you work through the storm, don't forget to be cognizant of the sunshine.

Here's one of my favorite songs from Chance and a little bit of a boost to looking at the good in our lives.

 

Until next time,

XoXo
-Si

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....