Week 9's Playlist of Joy

Today, I was woken up by construction workers art my apartment who thought 9 AM would be the perfect time to drill into who-knows-what, along with a wailing child who has seemingly nonexistent parents two doors down.

It wasn't exactly my favorite morning. And if I'm being honest? These last 2 weeks haven't been my favorite weeks, either. Maybe that's why I'm two weeks behind on the blog...

So back to this morning - I definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed. And as I dangled my feet above the ground pondering on the day ahead, I was given two choices. Happiness or otherwise. Giving my decision to the universe, I grabbed my earbuds, plugged them into my cell phone, and went straight to YouTube for my favorite melodies.

I don't know about y'all, but music is and has always been such a glue in my life. Beyond being able to drown out the cries of that baby two doors down, hearing the hard work that these artists put into their musical creations puts me in a mood to do the same, even if I'm not as musically challenged. By the time I took my earbuds out, I was in a completely different mood. I opened my curtains to let the light into my apartment, grabbed a giant peach to much on, and came to write this blog!

I want everyone to feel as good as I felt when those earbuds came off, so I'm giving y'all the playlist full of songs that have been loyal to my joy. I hope they give you the same impulse to let some extra light into your life.

1.) Bruno Mars - "That's What I Like"
Jumped in the Cadillac (girl let's put some miles on it). Anything you want (just to put a smile on it).

2.) DJ Khaled, Beyoncé and Jay Z - "Shining"
All of this winnin'

3.) Big Sean - Bounce Back
Last night I took an L...but tonight? I bounce back.

4.) Chance the Rapper - Finish Line / Drown
The water may be deeper than it's ever been...never drown.

5.) Missy Elliott ft. Lamb - I'm Better
I wake up, I wanna dance.

6.) Highness - Have A Nice Day
Every single day that I wake up, I'm tryna think of sunny things just to stay up.

Give these a listen when you're going through a rough patch, or even if you're already in a good mood but could use a boost. I promise, they're gems.

What are your go to jams when you want to smile? Drop some links in the comments!

This week's (and last week's) photos:



Coined the best chicken in all of Buenos Aires by Yelp. At a spot called NOLA in Palermo.

Museum of Mate. Super touristy, nothing special.



Taken at my favorite café of all time: Le Fleur in Alto Palermo

Waves on the boat ride to Tigre


a photo of someone taking a photo - groundbreaking



Reminded me of the sun

Exhibit S




Quiche from Le Fleur. SO FREAKING GOOD!



Until next times

XoXo
-Si

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....