9/11, Haircut, and Published Article!

As you can see from the title, there's a lot going on in today's post. Before I get to the bulk of what this blog is about, I just want to take a moment of time to not only remember the day but also to recollect the lives taken as we encounter the 11th anniversary of 9/11. No description is needed, we all know of that sunny day turned into smoke and death. And, thus, as Americans we can only hope that it'll never happen again.


Now onto the recent happenings in Sierra's life. As you know, I've started my last year of high school! What you may not know though, is that I finally got my license. Unfortunately, I don't drive as much as I should  be able to thanks to my over protective father. Yay, not. But anyways, since it's my last year I wanted to do something different. That 'thing' was supposed to be cutting my hair into a bob. You know, an Eva Longoria posh bob. Well, I got it cut, but my hair wasn't long enough to become the bob that I envisioned. So....I guess you could say I'm going through huge regret because I've been wearing braids the whole summer and now that I have them out I might as well put them back in.


The bob I THOUGHT I was getting. Nope.

But I asked a friend for some of her hair growing tactics, and hopefully I can get back to my original. length. Hopefully. BUT enough moping, let's CELEBRATE!!

Celebrate what, you ask? Well, how about the latest publishing of my article in Brownstone Magazine!!!! WOO HOOO!!! Yes, you read those words correctly! The title of the article is "Hues of Beauty" and it addresses the foolishness of black categorizing. You know, those derogatory terms "red bone" and "yellow bone" and "light skin" and "dark skin" and even "caramel skin"!! Click HERE for the link to the article so you can read it! And give me some feedback, drop a comment even!

Overall I'm really happy with my work. And though this is my second article published on Brownstone (check out the first HERE), this is by far my favorite of the two!


Please everyone read my article!!!

Well that's all folks. Come back another time for SOTD and maybe more. Until then, I've got some Calculus homework that's been getting ignored! Toodles!

XOXO
-S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....