Why Disney World is Over Rated

I promised a post explaining why I think that the country's most magical place isn't so magical. About two weeks ago, I took a trip to Orlando and witnessed Disney World for the first time ever. These are the reasons why it was a bit lack luster for me...


  1. Not enough rides: As most of you know, there are multiple parks in Disney (Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Animal Kingdom) and for each park, there are barely any rides! Literally, in Hollywood Studios, I legit only saw like three rides. I mean, exhibits are cool and all, but can exhibits give me heart racing fun? 
  2. Waiting times are too long, Riding times are too short: The average waiting time for a ride is 40 minutes...the average riding time? 3. I'm not lying either. After finishing the Rock n' Rollercoaster way too fast, I counted the time I was on the Hollywood Horror ride. NOT EVEN TWO MINUTES LONG!!!
  3. Where's the magic?: I only saw one Disney character walking through the park the whole time I was there, and it's too crowded to really take anything into much consideration. I wanted to get a good look at the castle, but the people are so rude that I had to keep it moving.
  4. Everything is so expensive: Want a pop? $5.00, bag of chipS? $7.00! Disney gear? You don't even want to know. Truly, if you want some Disney gear, get it at a cheap store (or Walmart) before you get there. Bah. 
  5. The age range was way too low for me to enjoy: This is just a theory, but if you don't visit Disney for the first time by the time you have aged 7, the magic won't be there. While my little cousins were freaking out at every little thing, I was like "Oh...yeah...cool". It's not that the stuff was necessarily boring, but I missed the age period to truly appreciate it. So if any parents are reading this: TAKE YOUR KIDS WHILE THEY ARE YOUNG!


Nevertheless, I am extremely thankful that my mom took my sisters and I to Orlando. It's an opportunity that only so many get, and I am blessed enough to have been one of those. OH, there is one thing that rocks about Disney World.......THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE!!! They really are the nicest people I've ever met in my life; whether it's people who help you figure out where you are or people who sell stuff in the stores...THEY are what makes Disney World magical. 

Have you been to Disney World? Was your trip magical or like mine? Tell me!

XOXO
-S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....