Catch a Grenade for Ya?

I'm pretty sure you've heard Bruno Mars' new song: Grenade, because it is fairly popular...
but is it fairly realistic??
Grenade is about someone who loves their "partner" so much that they would do anything for them; including catching a grenade. Cute, right?
But wait! Theres a catch! Although though this person would risk their life for their lover, lets just say the terms aren't the same on both sides.

"Gave you all I had
And you tossed it in the trashYou tossed it in the trash, you did
To give me all your love is all I ever asked, Cause what you don't understand is
I’d catch a grenade for ya
Throw my hand on a blade for ya
I’d jump in front of a train for ya
You know I'd do anything for ya
I would go through all this pain, Take a bullet straight through my brain,
Yes, I would die for ya baby ; But you won't do the same"

Really? If someone was that bad to you would you really be jumping in front of a train for them? I can understand unconditional love but when does unconditional turn to just plain ol' stupid?
But theres more!!

"If my body was on fire, ooh You’ d watch me burn down in flames You said you loved me you're a liar Cause you never, ever, ever did baby...
But darling I’ll still catch a grenade for ya"

Okay...so if she never loved you...how did you fall in love/get together in the first place? Juuuust asking. But hey, to each is own...I just hope Bruno doesn't get to hurt while he's out there falling in love with the devil's daughter.
Here's the video with lyrics so you guys can watch and listen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

The Bridge to Bliss Interviews LuvCookie!