I Can See the End From Here

It's officially the end of week 7. I know it's cliché, but where has the time gone?! I can't believe that I've called this city home for over a month. And within the next few weeks, all the things I'm doing here will be mere memories. But I won't rush it. 2016 taught me a lot about the dangers of rushing, impatience, and that need to just know. 2017 is dedicated to trusting the process, and dancing in the hallway. 

Image result for life is about the journey
That Emerson guy might've been onto something...


I don't have many words for you this week, but I would love your thoughts on the words I've recently written for Citrine Magazine, an indie publication for Black femmes interested in culture, art and tech. I wrote about some of the experiences I've had in Buenos Aires thus far, and my thoughts surrounding them as a Black woman. Read the essay here.

 I also wrote about some of my stress surrounding graduation, post-grad life, and living happily on the blog this week. Sometimes, we can be so caught up in analyzing how we move forward, that we forget why we started a journey in the first place. 10th grade Sierra gave me a "blast from the past," with some very relevant and necessary gems to remember as I step firmer into adulthood. Read the blog post here. 

A huge happy point that doesn't really have to do with words is that I've reduced some of my current stress by finding a place to live in San Francisco! For those of you who don't know, I'll be spending the last quarter of my undergraduate career studying at the intersection of media, tech and entrepreneurship at Northwestern's brand-spankin'-new campus in the Bay Area! After what felt like eons, I've finally found a place to stay during the quarter, which gives me more time to Google the best brunch places to hit up while I'm there.

Beyond it all, I'm stepping into my glory. If you ask anybody who knows me, they'll tell you that I'm a hustler. I see things happening and I execute them well. I'm ready to live my best life and reap the benefits of my work sewn. My life anthem at the moment? Shining, by DJ Khaled featuring Queen Bey and Jay Z. Click here to listen to the song.

As I begin my descent of this trip and prepare to return to the States, I'm throwing glitter everywhere I go and determining to smile when I grind.

This week's photos!!

Guess. They're potatoes!!

Not rocks...potatoes also!

ALSO POTATOES! My mind = blown.

Beautiful purple corn flour.


Went to the so-called "slums," to meet some beautiful POC from Paraguay and did some social work! They also fed me pasta :)


A drum show that's apparently a BsAs "must see." Chicago drum boys still beat it out though.




The thing I'll miss the most about Argentina.


Probably THE most touristy spot in the whole city. Hey, someone had to do it.
Apparently a bunch of famous people have been to this café

That chocolate mousse (bottom left) was to die for. MY GAWD!

 Until next time,

XoXo
-Si
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....