VIDEO: Rod Set on Type 4 Natural Hair | Go. Si. Do.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO
---

When July gracefully arrives on a Friday, that calls for celebration! You got through the week AND the month in one piece - let's hear it! For me, celebration means dropping a new YouTube video! I hope it will help some of you like it helps me. In the natural hair community, it's common for looser curls to take position as representative of what natural hair "looks like." But hair isn't a monolith! There's a multitude of beautifully different textures that all deserve to be celebrated.

I have thick, kinky, type 4 hair. What does that even mean? My "curls" are coils; tight and glorious. As a type 4 chica, it's often depicted that certain styles aren't for "my kind of hair," as if they just won't work. One of those styles? Rod sets. Whether perm rods, flexi rods, curlformers, or anything in the family, type 4 hair folks looking to achieve spirally curls are often disappointed in lack of representation and support.

Shine bright! Shine far! Don't be shy, be a star! UPDATE: YOU CAN NOW "PIN" THIS PHOTO ON PINTEREST! Hover your cursor over the photo! :) Save the style for later.

Well I've got news: WE CAN DO ROD SETS, Y'ALL! I have FINALLY perfected the steps and procedure for getting those curls you seek, while also having perfectly moisturized hair (cause lord knows that's another thing we love).

Click HERE to watch my tutorial on a perm rod set!! You can also watch it below. I hope it helps :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....