I do it for the kids...

Hello everyone!

Today is the first day of February. While usually that would be unnecessary and arbitrary information, today it means that it is Black History Month!!

Though some may argue that there is no need for it while others harp on the fact that it is the shortest month of the year, it is here and I will be recognizing! The point I hope to make this month, regardless of your stance on its existence, is that BLACK HISTORY MONTH IS AMERICAN HISTORY! 

I won't preach or lecture, but it is essential that we know our history, y'all. 

So with that, I want to honor this beautiful woman!

This, ladies and gentlemen, is Ida B. Wells-Barnett!
Where do I begin?

Ida is one of the very first black journalists! She decided to write for a cause, forsaking mainstream news for topics that were not being paid attention to! Among these topics were lynchings, women's rights and women's suffrage. Excuse the colloquium, but Ida is the bomb! She exemplifies everything I want to be and do.

I hope to one day carry on the legacy of Ms. Wells-Barnett, so that I can inspire someone generations after me to do the same. To me, that's what BHM is all about.

How will you celebrate?

XOXO
-Si
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....