Hello everyone!

I know what you're thinking, "Long time no blog, Sierra!"

Well, I've been adjusting to my new life and I think I finally have the hang of things. If you don't know what the term "new life" refers to, I mean my life as a college girl!

If you read my last few blog posts, you will know that I've been on campus since September 3rd! I haven't actually been in class, as I was here for a writing/cultural program. And, boy, did I love it.



I learned about things such as inclusion, love, and success. I learned about accepting others. I learned to not put boundaries on myself. 

I also gained some friendships that I see lasting for a very very long time. Living with 20 other girls on a floor may seem daunting at first, but it brought us all so much closer to one another. We went from the awkward "So...where are you from?" To "Is your boyfriend really coming? I'm jealous!" 


And beyond just the friendships I've made with the other girls, I feel like I have a network of family in the SAW (summer academic workshop) program.


And get this. Not only did I make tons of friends, visit great places, and ate good food. I also got to move into my dorm earlier than all the other freshmen. Anyone who has experienced college before (or watched Gilmore Girls) knows that move in days are super hectic. But my roommate and I will get to chill while others are bringing boxes and fridges. 


All in all, I am pumped for what college has to offer to me. I know a lot of people are depending on me, but the most important person to make happy is me. I'll take chances, I'll offer my opinion, I'll follow my heart, and I won't regret a thing. 

To all of my college freshmen, how has your experience been thus far?? To my fellow quarter system babies, the time has finally come!!

XOXO
-Si




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....