My First Quarter of College!

And I still haven't gotten the hang of things...

haha

But alas, my first quarter (not semester) of college has finished and it wasn't too "shabby"!

Big 10 Football can't be beat!

Fun events helped me become closer to others and gain friends!

My handy dandy partner-in-crime, MY ROOMMATE!
I've had such a wonderful experience here at Northwestern.
  • Through chasing down random people for interviews, writing "speed ledes" and reading the AP Style book until I can't anymore, I've become a much better writer and journalist.
  • Through being myself and being real, I've gained some friends that I can see staying in my life for a long time. 
  • Through hard work, I've finished the quarter with grades to be proud of.
  • Through dedication, I'm proud of mentoring I've done this quarter and the impact I've made on others' lives.
  • Through trial and error, I've learned what it means to be independent and not run to "mommy and daddy" for everything.
What's to come in the next two quarters?
  •  More interviews, more "ledes", more AP style, and on top of that, more work! I'm (hopefully) ready!
  • Stepping out of my comfort zone and not being afraid to say "Hi," to a stranger. Hey, it'll be the people that I remember 10 years from now, right?
  • Grades to be excited about!
  • Making an even bigger and better difference on someone else and their life.
  • Learn the essence of independence while also knowing what it means to accept help from others when needed.
What's to come in the next three years?
  • Woah there, slow down!
To all of my fellow college students, congrats and finish strong! To those high schoolers out there reading this (a girl can dream), don't slack keep pushing on! To those here to keep up on all things Sierra, things are going very well for me, I definitely cannot complain.

Woo!

XOXO
-Si 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....