Like-minded Individuals

Aloha!

I know, I know...long time no see. But this time, it isn't because I've simply forgotten about the B2B. College is...phew! It's fun but there is very little time to blog.

Recap, anyone?

  1. Classes: Are going pretty good. I have not aced every single assignment with ease, but I haven't expected to. But I'm not slacking and doing poorly. I'm doing well! My assignments are being turned in on time and they are all done with full effort (and are spent at least an hour on). We're headed into week #4, so it's time for me kick into high-gear in order to finish strong. 
  2. Extra-curriculars: In High School, I was known for having a full schedule. To avoid spreading myself too thin too soon, I've started out with only a few clubs. I'm a member of the Black Student Union, I write for a campus publication, I joined a student Christian group, and I have a job/volunteer opp mentoring intercity Chicago teens in journalism! That's enough right now for me. 
  3. Friends: Well well well! It may seem unbelievable but I'm actually meeting people that are tons like me and have potential to be real friends. Cray. I have curlfriends (natural girlfriends), journo buddies, and people that literally keep me smiling. Sometimes, we can fill lonely yet be surrounded by people. Here, I have people I can go to. Go me. 
  4. Chicago Living: Technically, I'm not in Chicago exactly. Evanston is a suburb North of the city, but it only takes a jump on the El in order to live it up Chi-town style! My job is actually downtown, so I'll be there every Saturday. 

But I'd like to dwell a little further on #3. It is a totally wonderful experience to be surrounded by like-minded individuals! People on the same mind path as you. Who, when you let your mind free, you look over to see them nodding in agreement! I had that experience today when I went to town with some friends of mine. On the train back to Evanston we all just had an intellectual conversation that is usually swept under the rug. And to be surrounded by educated and passionate individuals...MAN!! You can't get that everyday!

Have you ever had the experience I'm describing? If you have: when was it, and with whom? If not, do you know anyone who you could see sharing this experience with?

Sorry about being gone so long, but I'll always come back. Remember that.

XOXO
-Si 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....