Beating...

No not beating as in the violent term.

I mean the beating of a heart.

Now, I know I vowed not to blog about love all of the time....but what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't give somewhat of an insight into my personal life?

Type in the term into a dictionary website, and what you'll get back for love is:
Noun
An intense feeling of deep affection: "their love for their country".
But even the world's most accurate dictionary wouldn't be spot on.

There's a lyric that says, "Just 'cause I love you, and you love me....it doesn't mean that we're meant to be." And I wholeheartedly agree with it. As I grow and mature, I realize that some people were solely placed in our life as a lesson. And we, being so blinded by cupid, won't see the truth until we hurt ourselves. 

And too many times we hurt ourselves! Many times, we jump into things because they feel right.....but they might not be right! What if your time with someone has simply expired, and you're hindering something good by holding onto something not-so-good. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or we settle. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's wild to think that something once so beautiful is now so ugly. And you know what....many times we aren't holding on to a person, we're holding on to the memories!!

But instead of looking bad and scorning ourselves, let's learn from our pasts in order to make a better future. Because you never want to hold back something good due to trust (or other) problems.
That's all folks!

XOXO
-S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter for Kay: Advice to New College Students

Bienvenidos a Argentina: Be Kind to Yourself

Tell The World That I'm Coming....